It’s officially fall as of September 22nd and I couldn’t be more excited about it! For me, fall means cooler weather, warm cookies, and lots of new trends! Fall is when everyone breaks out their most fashionable pieces and struts their glowing skin down the street. One trend I’ve been seeing a lot lately from runway to magazine shoots to beauty gurus Instagram’s is a bold graphic eye look paired with fresh, glowing skin. This makeup combination creates a striking look that turns heads and has everyone wondering if you just stepped off the NYFW catwalk.
Unexpected graphic eye looks seem to be a huge trend in the fashion and beauty industries this season. New York and London Fashion Weeks gave us a plethora of new graphic eye looks to try out. I’ve gathered together a few of my favorite looks and decided to recreate them using Beauty For Real products. Let’s get our catwalk on…
- Apply MVP Tinted Moisturizer to the skin to perfect your complexion and smooth any pores or fine lines. Add a little extra using your clean fingers in any areas where more coverage is desired. Be sure to keep skin soft and smooth.
- Apply MVP Concealer under eyes and brow bone to brighten up the eye area. I find it best to apply a light amount and use your fingers to tap into the skin for a skin finish.
- Take Blush + Glo in “Coral Crush + Hi Beam” and apply the blush shade to cheekbones and apples of the cheeks for a light flush.
- To complete the eyes, take I-LINE 24/7 eyeliner in “Storm” and apply on the lids and smudge upwards with a brush. Be sure to do one eye at a time and blend quickly, once these liners set they do not budge or smudge. Do the same under the lashline and blend out to connect the top and bottom. If you want to stay true to the inspiration, skip mascara and go for a clear gloss on the lashes to keep them natural. If you’re anything like me though, you won’t skip mascara! Go for the Hi Def Mascara in “Just Black”, the small and hollow wand allows for a dramatic application (just check out that before and after below!!).
- Finish the look by using Lip Revival Scrub to prep lips for liner and lip cream. Apply D-FINE Lip Pencil to outline and fill in lips and top it off by tapping on our “Barely There” Lip Cream + Color.
Look 2 - Chloé SS18 Makeup by Aaron De Mey
- Repeat steps one and two above for complexion perfection.
- Take Blush + Glo in “In The Pink + Get Lit” and apply the blush shade to the apples of the cheeks. Apply the blush very lightly on the skin, almost so it looks like there is barely any product on the skin. Apply the highlight to the tops of the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, and above the cupid’s bow.
- To complete the eyes, take I-LINE 24/7 eyeliner in “Black Magic” and apply along the upper lashline and wing the end of the eyes to create a cat eye. Take a very small brush and lightly blend the edges of the liner to give it more shape but to also smudge the edges so as to not create a sharp line. Apply the Black Magic to the bottom lashline and waterline and smudge out to connect to the wing of the cat eye. Apply a light layer of Hi Def Mascara to complete.
- For the lips, keep them natural! Exfoliate them using the Lip Revival Scrub and lightly define the lips to even them out. That’s the complete look!
Look 3 - Beauty For Real Photoshoot Makeup by Leslie Munsell
Photo by George Kamper
- Start by again smoothing the skin using steps one and two from Look 1.
- Take Blush + Glo in “In The Pink + Get Lit” and apply the blush shade to the cheekbones and apples of the cheeks. Apply the highlight to the tops of the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose, and above the cupid’s bow.
- Apply Bronze + Glo in “Cocoa Cabana” to the top of the forehead where sunlight naturally hits the face. Apply a light amount of Cocoa Cabana under the cheekbones to sculpt the face a bit.
- Time for eyes! Apply I-LINE 24/7 eyeliner in “Black Magic” to the outer V of the eye area. From the far corner of your eye, apply upwards towards to brow and connect with your natural crease. Line the crease moving towards the center of the eye and blend all line and product well. This should leave most of your lid available to apply “In The Navy” eyeliner and blend into the Black Magic. Apply the Black Magic to the bottom lashline and waterline and smudge out to connect to the wing, keep the lines sharp and clean with a cotton swab. To finish, take I-LINE in “Champagne Buzz” and apply to the inner corners of the eyes to brighten this bold eye. Finish the eyes by applying a major layer of Hi Def Mascara for added drama and volume.
- Finish the look by using Lip Revival Scrub to prep lips for liner and lip cream. Apply D-FINE Lip Pencil to outline and fill in lips and top it off by gliding on “Kiss Me” Lip Gloss + Shine.
I had a great time recreating each of these looks on myself and cannot wait to see yours. If you give these a try, be sure to tag us and use hashtag #ImForReal to give us permission to repost!