Will you be holding an ice cold beer in one hand, awaiting the delights of the BBQ and rocking a red lip on Labor Day? Do you know why you have this day off? Here's some labor day trivia so you are fabulously well informed this weekend.
- Labor Day, an annual celebration of workers and their achievements, originated during one of American labor history’s most dismal chapters. In the late 1800s, at the height of the Industrial Revolution in the United States, the average American worked 12-hour days and seven-day weeks in order to eke out a basic living.
- Despite restrictions in some states, children as young as 5 or 6 toiled in mills, factories and mines across the country, earning a fraction of their adult counterparts’ wages.
- People of all ages, particularly the very poor and recent immigrants, often faced extremely unsafe working conditions, with insufficient access to fresh air, sanitary facilities and breaks.
- On September 5, 1882, 10,000 workers took unpaid time off to march from City Hall to Union Square in New York City, holding the first Labor Day parade in U.S. history.
- Labor Day is still celebrated in cities and towns across the United States with parades, picnics, barbecues, fireworks displays and other public gatherings. For many Americans, particularly children and young adults, it represents the end of the summer and the start of the back-to-school season.
Our limited edition "kick ass" Labor Day Collection has everything you need to remain flawless this weekend because even though you're not working doesn't mean you can't work it!"
We checked the market for comparable products and were amazed to learn how much the competitors are charging!
At Beauty For Real, Beauty Simplified is our philosophy and we believe in Less but Better - you will see once you get your Labor Day Ltd Edition Collection home!
Here are some links, we shouldn't share the comp. but as we believe in our Beauty Simplified philosophy & the power of our products we don't mind sharing!
BLUSH + GLO (in the pink/get lit) - $24 compare with Wander Beauty at Net-a-Porter - $42
- HI-DEF Mascara (just black ) - $19 compare with ColorScience Mascara - $24
- D-FINE Universal Lip Pencil - $14 compare with Tarte Amazonian Clay - $18
- COLOR + SHINE Liquid Lip Cream (really red) - $18 compare with Cashmere Lip Cream - $28
- I-LINE Gel Eyeliner (black) - $14 compare with Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - $25
- SHINE Nail Polish - (denim blue) - $7.50 compare with Le Vernis by Chanel - $28